What what powder do you switch to because alliant has shut down manufacturing

I use RL15 and Rl22. I have Winchester powder loads for the 15 and IMR 7828 or IMR 4350 for the Rl22. Next I will be trying VV for the magnums

I had RL 7 - have lots of IMR 4198 to use. I have enough 17,19, 22 to last a long time….but could scrape something together to substitute for them.

For light loads in several rifles with cast or heavy jacketed bullets….90+ pounds of 50 BMG surplus powder.

If things get bad, I have enough Bullseye to assemble 21.5K rounds of lightload 38 Specials.

I just wish I had enough primers to ignite all of that! 😁 memtb

I had RL 7 - have lots of IMR 4198 to use. I have enough 17,19, 22 to last a long time….but could scrape something together to substitute for them.

For light loads in several rifles with cast or heavy jacketed bullets….90+ pounds of 50 BMG surplus powder.

If things get bad, I have enough Bullseye to assemble 21.5K rounds of lightload 38 Specials.

I just wish I had enough primers to ignite all of that! 😁 memtb
I have 5lbs each of 15 and 22. So I am set with my weatherby and H&H. Also have lots loaded for the weatherby. For hunting I am set.

Last edited:
IMG_6476.png

Hornady has been saying that's why their ammo speeds are not reaching advertised speeds they cant get powders they were designed with, so they are using slower but accurate powders instead of just not making ammo. It's just going to get worse before its better, if it ever gets better. I have stopped trying this, that and the other thing. I'm sticking with my already worked up loads, bullets and calibers. Sold about 11 guns and down to basics for hunting and self-defense. I have enough in stock to last the rest of my life for that purpose.

Recent Posts