What is the longest shot you have made on a live target

1818 yards, non-typical whitetail, 7-300NMI, 180 Hybrid. 1282 yards, whitetail, same rifle.

20240520_222803.jpg

Not me, but I witnessed my little sister shoot at a trotting herd of Wyoming antelope. We were on top of the hill with a great view of the herd. One right after the other she dropped them both with One Shot each. I stepped off the first one at 600 yds and the second at 650. While I was gutting them the herd ran back around and I filled both of my tags at about 15 yards. Didn't seem right 'cause I was shooting a 30-06 and she was shooting a savage bolt action 30-30. I too wouldn't believe it, except that I saw it with my own eyes. She must have been holding them at the bottom of her scope!

When my eyes were still young, I picked a woodchuck out of his hole at 402 yards with my Remington Rolling Block 45-70 equipped with a vernier tang peep sight. (the gun was sighted in for 400 yards with that load as we had been shooting 1 gallon water jugs).

Lucky shot on a running coyote .300 win mag just short of a mile across big corn circles. I couldn't do it again if I practiced a lot. My lead was about 15 feet give or take. Just dumb luck.