New barrel and chamber

Rotten

I have a Kimber 8400 in 270 wsm that I had pac nor put a faster twist barrel on it. The 1st barrel they cut a .750 inch
Freebore with a 175 gr bullet The 2nd barrel they gave me is .006 oversized on the chamber including the neck. I'm absolutely done with pac nor.
Anyways I'm wanting to change from the 270 wsm and 6.8 western due to the lack of brass availability any thoughts on what you would chamber it for. I'm thinking 6.5 prc would be the easiest but maybe necked up for 7 mm any suggestions on what to do with it. Or I could just put the original barrel on and sale it.
??

I understand your frustration. But you need to send the second barrel back to Pac-Nor to give them the opportunity to fix this second screw up. They need to know that they failed and that they stand behind their product and service. You've already paid for this barrel and along with all the shipping they certainly owe you the third barrel. Get it done properly then sell that rifle.

Your new rifle, free from the taint of poor barrels, can most certainly be a 6.5 PRC with plentiful brass. Be sure to check on the twist rate required for the bullets you want shoot. There are some longer, heavier for caliber bullets available these days which might intrigue you with their performance.

:)

6.5prc is probably the straightforward factory brass answer, although I would argue 270wsm has better brass availability than most other short mags, since it can use necked down 300 wsm brass. There's a decent selection of 300wsm brass out there.

Recent Posts