Needs some help on picking a scope.

I'd prefer the Zeiss scopes because of glass quality. Zeiss makes most most of the glass for the majority of the higher end manufacturers. I also prefer FFP, so I opted for the Zeiss S3. A long range advantage over most of the others is a 34 mm tube. It has 160 moa of adjustment! Assuming 80 up plus your 20 moa rail, you'd have 100 moa of elevation. It is a heavier scope and the price is more, but it was worth it to me. It tops my 300 RUM and it's amazing!

Bballard,
Agree on the Leupold, used them on/off for 40 years. The older ones were more durable, really the Mark 5 line is good.
Zeiss just has more to offer and higher quality parts in the scope. My V4 has been used world wide, shots out to 720 on critters, thru Montana blizzards to humid Texas coast on Sambar deer.
Hard to beat Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski.

Another issue I had w/ Leupy is the turret will only go 2 full turns on VX5 max!
Sometimes not even 2 full turns.
It can be limiting on the CDS dial w/std. calibers. CDS generally is correct, have run that thru it's courses every 100 yards to 1k.
Always one or two distances off. High or low I hv a 1300 yard range.
My V4 is advertised w/80 moa in the elevation turret. Mine will turn up elevation to 57 MOA…

I looked at a Leica amplus 6 3x18x44mm. That is nice scope I think. Does the Nightforce SHV 5x20x56mm have zero stop? If I decide to go with the Leica. Where can I get a custom turret cut?
Kenton Turrets offer turrets for a couple Leica models.

I have been looking at some new scopes.
Leica amplus 6 3x18x44mm
Nightforce SHV 5x20x56mm
Trijicon tenmile 4x24x50mm
Zeiss v4 4x16x44mm
Leupold Vx5 3-15x44.
Huskemaw 4x16x42mm
Putting it on my new 280AI.
Going to use it for hunting. And shooting steel out to to 600 yds. Looking for a exposed elevation turret. And a capped windage turret. Could I get a
Leica amplus 6 3x18x44mm
Nightforce SHV 5x20x56mm
Zeiss v4 4x16x44mm
Leupold Vx5 3-15x44.
Huskemaw 4x16x42mm
Going to use it for hunting. And shooting steel out to to 600 yds. Looking for a exposed elevation turret. And a capped windage turret. Could I get a custom turret for each scope? That is custom to my gun and bullet? I have a 20 MOA 1 piece base on my gun.
I like Swarovski. They offer glass that's very good, high transmission. They also offer an 8X magnification range on some of their scopes, 2.3-18 for example. And a range of objective lens diameters. For still hunting, where you may have shots at clsoe range, a low power is desireable, a 1 x 8 maybe. They offer a very useful reticle: no illumination, an illuminated orange center dot, or an illuminated orange center dot with surrounding larger circle. User can select between the three and adjust the brightness between two levels. Allows very fast sight picture acquisition. I'm pleased with mine.

Check out the Vortex LHT (Light Hunter Tactical).

I picked up one for my Blaser K95 in 300 Wby and it's a nice lightweight scope. I haven't mounted it yet, but the clarity is really good. It has a zero stop. You can get custom turrets. And they offer a 3 to 15 x42 and a 4.5 to 22 x 50. I went with the 3-15 as I wanted basically the same thing as you did. To be able to go to 600 yards kind of thing. I find the 4 to 16 range allows me to do this (reasonably) without putting a 50 mm objective and heavier scopes on. I want the rig to be as light as possible yet capable.

Leica amplus 6 3x18x44mm
Nightforce SHV 5x20x56mm
Zeiss v4 4x16x44mm
Leupold Vx5 3-15x44.
Huskemaw 4x16x42mm
Going to use it for hunting. And shooting steel out to to 600 yds. Looking for an exposed elevation turret. And a capped windage turret. Could I get a custom turret for each scope? That is custom to my gun and bullet? I have a 20 MOA 1 piece base on my gun.
Leupold provides a free ballistic turret with each scope. You simply provide muzzle velocity, bullet, etc. and they will create your specific needs turret. Check their web page for instructions. I've done three scopes for three different cartridges. Plus, they provide a life time warranty.

Leupold provides a free ballistic turret with each scope. You simply provide muzzle velocity, bullet, etc. and they will create your specific needs turret. Check their web page for instructions. I've done three scopes for three different cartridges. Plus, they provide a life time warranty.
As long as you hunt the same elevation, temperature, and never swap ammo (and bullet lots never change), you are good to go with a custom turret.

In all actuality, a custom turret works fine for shots to 500-600, even if you change some variables. Beyond that, a lot of variables start to really effect bullet path.

Sheesh there's a bunch tonchoose from right. I'd say pick one you like after handling and looking at them. For every 1 guy that has a bad experience with any of the scopes mentioned, there are probly hundreds or thousands of guys that love that exact scope and had no issues. Choose one you like in the pricepoint. This topic is like picking a set of tires for your pickup. Whatever style you like that fits your budget and go have fun.