How to know it is Spring in Cody, Wyoming

there is a sig as you drive into Cody :don't Californiaise Cody" but to many people from Calif are moving there not the nice town it used to be
You mean this one?
It's a car dealer advertisement now.

IMG_9020.jpeg

and let me guess.....the kids have to walk to school n its up hill going and coming... sounds like my kind of place..almost like Florida for weather..JK but I did grow up in upstate New York where we got 150 to 200 inches of snow and I did enjoy that as a kid
I grew up on the northern end of the Adirondacks, just south of Canada. The winters here seem milder than what I had as a kid.

Actually it is too far for a lot of kids to walk. Rural kids wouldn't get there and back in a day walking. Especially not busting drifts in winter.

I grew up on the northern end of the Adirondacks, just south of Canada. The winters here seem milder than what I had as a kid.

Actually it is too far for a lot of kids to walk. Rural kids wouldn't get there and back in a day walking. Especially not busting drifts in winter.
We lived 25 miles south of Watertown...little town of Lowville but it is a changing would...you guys have the west coast moving in n changing the ways its always been done n we have that same problem but a lot of our imports don't talk English well n think they can operate like they are used to south of the border except for the wages

Change, change, change, change. It is the one constant of America. It is always changing. Noah Smithwick arrived in Texas at the age of 17, and later was a participant in the Revolution against Mexico. He always lived about 30 miles / 1 day;'s ride beyond the furthest "town". Meaning he moved often. Settled in Texas last at Smithwick Creek, outside of Marble Falls, Texas. When Texas seceded from the Union (under the treaty they signed with the US in 1845), he went to Austin, where Sam Houston was governor, and said, "I can have 300 rifles here tomorrow to oppose this." Houston said, no, he had seen enough revolutions. Later, Smithwick's son in law was shot in the back at dusk because he was an anti-secessionist; so Smithwick took all his family to the green, green lands of California.
I am a 7th generation Texan who fled the state (lived quite close to Smithwick Creek, actually) for Wyoming at age 60. Too many hot springs, summers, falls, and winters. And my home town went from 6000 to 80,000, 1/3 of whom were from Cali, in 20 years.

My experience is we really don't mind imports here, as long as they have conservative values.
Nope, me neither. But when you go up in population by a factor of 10, in 20 years, (7000 to 80,000, just in town) the infrastructure collapses; the mood and feel completely changes; and, when 25 minutes from the Tesla giga factory and the Samsung campuses, well, they just aren't Texans strolling around in the HEB any more, God love em.
So we "Invaded" the Star Valley, following a daughter and son in law during the 2020 COVID madness, because their kids were sent home from school and they needed help. I always wanted to live in the mountains; and this place fit very well. My biggest goal is to not make any changes on this place's principles, mindset and atmosphere. Lots of other Texans have ended up around here as well, for the same reasons, and with the same goals, since the 1860s. I am surprized constantly at the number of Texas flags flying in the valley, along with the Wyoming and US flags.

Star Valley is great!
I took the FS roads from Cokeville to Smoot in 1992 or so.
Wife asked "What if we breakdown along this road?"
I replied "We'll set fire to the Surburban. Someone will see the smoke and rescue us."
Wife said " What if a bear shows up.."
I responded "Well, we just have to outrun Nicole." (The 8 year old daughter)

Yeah.
Probably not my brightest moment….

Star Valley is great!
I took the FS roads from Cokeville to Smoot in 1992 or so.
Wife asked "What if we breakdown along this road?"
I replied "We'll set fire to the Surburban. Someone will see the smoke and rescue us."
Wife said " What if a bear shows up.."
I responded "Well, we just have to outrun Nicole." (The 8 year old daughter)

Yeah.
Probably not my brightest moment….
Genius. But, just to clarify for for the rest of the world looking at this thread, there is NO SUCH THING AS THE STAR VALLEY, THE SALT RIVER RANGE, GREY'S RIVER, DIAMOND CREEK AND THE BLACKFOOT RIVER OVER IN IDAHO. IT IS ALL A HOAX CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO SEDUCE THE INDEPENDENT MINDED. JUST LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE AND RELAX.

&())*^##$@)))?#$%@@

Don't you feel so much better now?

Genius. But, just to clarify for for the rest of the world looking at this thread, there is NO SUCH THING AS THE STAR VALLEY, THE SALT RIVER RANGE, GREY'S RIVER, DIAMOND CREEK AND THE BLACKFOOT RIVER OVER IN IDAHO. IT IS ALL A HOAX CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO SEDUCE THE INDEPENDENT MINDED. JUST LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE AND RELAX.

&())*^##$@)))?#$%@@

Don't you feel so much better now?
I have been reliably informed that this is NOT government mind control, by the way.

I was living in Wheatland in 2007. (2000-2008)
It was a great little town. If you could stand the wind.
October through May (again) You had to park facing into the wind so your door wouldn't get yanked out of your hand and slammed against the front fender when you opened the door to get out of your car.
Some days you had to park facing south so you could open your drivers door to get OUT of your car.
NOT kidding.
Sounds similar to the hurricanes in my neck of the woods!