How did you find us here at LRH.com?

Been a long time lurker. Have always had an interest but no equipment or experience.

Still don't have the best equipment, and very minimal experience. Mostly trial and error.

Hopefully within the next year I'll get more serious about shooting smaller groups, then stretching it out.

Joined a year ago. Active member on Accurate Shooter. Got into benchrest a few years ago. Been hunting all my life. Buddy of mine took me long range hunting the other year and it is now time for me to gather info and ideas for my own LR hunting rig. The little BR rigs I have have the accuracy just not the horsepower needed. Haha

I've been reading post on this site for many years and have even had an account with LRH. However, I have been a fly on the wall and know that I need to do a better job both learning and sharing my experiences.
Most of my direction to this page has been through specific searches on the internet that lead me in this direction. I'm usually looking for opinions and/or experiences with certain rifles, optics, or reloading.
I grew up in Mississippi and now live in Alabama. We hunt mostly in in Northeast MS, but do travel to deer, duck, and turkey hunt around the country. My father taught me how to reload as a teenager and we have been involved in shooting both near and far for over 30 years. With safes full of multiple off the shelf rifles that I have broken down and customized along with a pile of fully custom rifles, I know I still have much to learn and experiences both good and bad to share.
Thank you for the work you have put into this site and to all the members that continue to teach each other!
Barry Rhea

I found an old muzzle loader at an antique gun show. This was November 2023. I looked up "muzzleloader.forum" Joined up there. Paid to be a supporter. MLF. Have a good time with muzzleloader guns. BUT they are very strict about any other kinds of guns, calling any other kind of guns as "unmentionables." Some people were banned.

As a joke I made a post about MLF and mentioned the similarity to M*LF? I was banned for "vulgar language" no warning.
30 day suspension. I waited out my time and returned, but I am VERY careful! <grin> It is a great place to buy BP firearms.

During that period in jail, I found the "Sister Forum" Modern Muzzleloader." I became a paid sponsor. I had a better time and was not having to be extra careful about getting back into cartridge. Had and have a better time here. BUT again, even though cartridge gun posts are ok, BUT. I had dived too deeply into cartridge guns. I got a "friendly reminder" from one of the admins that I was focusing too much on cartridge guns.

One of my Friends were part of the "friendly reminder" and suggested LRH.

I post on all three forums, but mostly here. A warm and friendly environment. This is my Home.