Chargemaster lite

Citified

My Chargemaster lite is out of warranty and the motor for the dropper finally quit. RCBS referred me to an outside company that charges $179 to overhaul the unit with a 5 week turnaround. You pay shipping both ways.
Has anyone had this done or just scrapped the unit? The scale on mine is very accurate and I am currently using it as a double check
against my other electronic scale.

My Chargemaster lite is out of warranty and the motor for the dropper finally quit. RCBS referred me to an outside company that charges $179 to overhaul the unit with a 5 week turnaround. You pay shipping both ways.
Has anyone had this done or just scrapped the unit? The scale on mine is very accurate and I am currently using it as a double check
against my other electronic scale.
Depending on mechanical ability, it may be worth taking apart and looking for a replacement motor on Amazon. Not that I'm a fan of them but you'd be amazed what can be found.

I did take the bottom cover off and looked at the tiny motor that drives the dropper. Does not look like a common part but I did read an article where someone was able to source a miniature motor and solder it in. The article didn't specify the source of the replacement.
I had had this unit for a few years and liked its simplicity but I am open to suggestions for an upgrade.

Recent Posts