7mm PRC

180 ELDM, H1000 68.5 at 2850. 69.0 @2910 this winter. 220 rounds down the tube. Very single digit ES with 68.5. Chronied 5 different sessions.
Thanks. I just ran the ladder rounds on the chrony. 175 gr ABLR with 67.7gr H1000 @ 2839 fps, and 68.0gr @ 2858 fps. I didn't have any visible pressure signs or bolt lift issues.

I'm sorry I didn't reply until now and I know I had to.
I have a big (for me) health problem.
I am waiting for the hospital to call me because I have to be operated on, that is, they have to completely replace my left hip.
I expect a call from the hospital in 2-3 days. I used these last few days for the last doctor's examinations and interviews, so I had neither the time nor the will to sit and write on the laptop.
Regardless of my problems, your attention to me and my question encourages me and makes me proud to be a member off long range hunting

Also thanks to everyone for their participation and advice.

Ozihunter

Best of luck with your operation.

I started loading some once fired 7PRC ADG brass today and noticed something very strange. With normal force on the press (did not want to damage a case), I could not get the fired case fully up into the die. Was using Hornady 1 shot lube. I called Redding and they recommended using their Imperial Die Lube. A once fired casing would load into the chamber, so I just deprimed the casings and went on.

Has anyone had a similar experience.

Does anyone have N568 load data for 162 or 175gr bullets?

Shot some Federal 175 ELD-X today out of my 7 PRC
Hornady 180's advertised 2950 fps 24" barrel actual 2875 fps from 26" barrel
Federal 175 ELD-X advertised 3000 fps I assume from a 24" barrel
Average for me today was 3022 fps from my 26" barrel

I've seen reports of the factory ammo being a little slower than advertised. However Hogdon shows a few powders that will get 3000 or very close to it in a 24" barrel.
Elevation of the shooter makes a ton of difference, too. I realize this is an older thread, but wanted to weigh in because I'm looking for some data on the Hornady 190gr A-Tip. I want to run it with N565, N568, and N570. I live at sea level. I have a 27 1/2" Hawk Hill 8 twist barrel, and my 5-shot Avg on the Hornady 175gr ELD-M ammo advertised at 3000 ft/s was like 2979.4 ft/s via Xero radar. My Pro-Chrono was about 10-20 ft/s slower because 1) I measures a few feet in front of the barrel, and 2) The brighter the sunlight, the slower the reading vs the Xero. I've had excellent luck with N565 in 6.5 SAUM and .25/.264 Win Mag Match (aka .250 MDC) (.250" free bore). I figure up near the WY state line, Hornady can probably achieve 3000 as advertised with a shorter barrel than mine.

I want to wring every ft/s there is out. I shot a 3-shot group during break-in that was completely covered with a dime using the Hornady ammo. A dime is 7/16", so I figure I'm probably at 3/8" or slightly less center-to-center. My contention is that I can produce 3000 ft/s with the Hornady 190 A-Tip with one of the mentioned Viht powders here at sea level. The A-Tip data seems a bit more conservative than the 195 Berger data. Does anyone have experience with both the A-Tip and the 195 EOL?

Dang....the published Hornady max is 67.1 gr for the 175 gr. I'm not used to going hot on my non-Weatherbys, LOL!
A lot depends on the barrel. The individual barrel. He may be able to get away with 70, while you may not can exceed 67.5 without pressure. Remember, the published max figures are as close as they can get in THEIR barrel to a somewhat arbitrary pressure they have deemed safe as a "standard." One may be able to load more volume before reaching that standard limit of pressure than another with a different rifle, brand of brass, and a couple of other environmental factors vs another.

Dang....the published Hornady max is 67.1 gr for the 175 gr. I'm not used to going hot on my non-Weatherbys, LOL!
Hodgdon reloading data also has 67.2 as max for H1000 & 175 gr bullet. I also got similar velocities with H1000 to what @deputyrpa reported.

I didn't feel comfortable to push H1000 more than about 0.5 grain so I just switched to RL26 which Hornady lists a max of 67.1 grains also. With RL26, I ended up using 65.3 with 175 edlx at 2905fps and 65.7 for 175 EH at 2885 fps.

I could push velocities up for the 175s with RL26 but group size and ES/SD got worse. I also found that F215Ms didn't work as well for me as CCI250s. F210Ms performed even better. The F215Ms were noticeably hotter and gave me worse groups and ES/SD across the range of whatever I tried.

Regarding the OPs question about factory ammo, my 22" barrel got 2880 with Federal 175s and 2900 with Hornady Precision Hunter 175s.