Interesting article on bear spray vs. bear handgun defense

I've watched that video B4, one thing I noted on it that if the fella who narrates the video is the same fella on the video taking the instruction (Clay) then I find it interesting how much heavier his accent is during his narriation than it is during his in person during instruction..........

Just a side note I guess:)

I'm my mind the Bear is thinking...I'm going to have Friends for Dinner! 😎

My Wife carried a can of dinner spray with her on our Mt. Spring Bear hunting trips .
I just carried the 338 Rum and my favorite 10 mm Glock with 15 rounds of 220 gr nasty herbs and spices!

Rum Man
Curious but did you really carry both the RUM and the 10...?

Huh, interesting I know lots of fellas out here in the west that'll carry one or the other but not a single soul who'd carry both. I think we all pretty much figure that if we can't get things sorted out with a long gun that handgun isn't going to help much either. Course it's just added weight to carry so I guess it'd help get more exercise...:)

I do understand the part about being around to finish rasing the kids, grandkids though

Huh, interesting I know lots of fellas out here in the west that'll carry one or the other but not a single soul who'd carry both. I think we all pretty much figure that if we can't get things sorted out with a long gun that handgun isn't going to help much either. Course it's just added weight to carry so I guess it'd help get more exercise...:)

I do understand the part about being around to finish rasing the kids, grandkids though
I carry both, bear spray and an 8 in. Straight blade knife.

Heck I forgot i carry a knife to. Plus a few extras in my pack when we get a Nice Bruin down!

For years i carried what my kids called Big Bertha , a 2 " Ruger 480 Alaskan....man that was very unfriendly to shoot . We finnaly parted ways when the Glock 20 SF came into my life ! 😜
You can have all kinds of guns but if you dont carry it with you it's no good looking Sexy in the Box .

Rum Man

A knife is always a given, ooh........my grandpa would kick my butt if I didn't carry one. But, carrying both a rifle and a handgun is a little too flat land for me....

These bear threads are always a hoot eh
They are. I use a different knife for gutting, cutting up animal. Straight blade is last ditch on the ground if comes to that and possible. I'm a prepper. I want to have ever chance I can get if it happens. Did you watch the video I posted and the guy that got mauled by griz ?